Nowadays, hotels apart from staying, work as a great tourist place. They are a great attraction for tourists. These hotels reflects a lot about the cultural history of our country.
Here, we bring you a list of 10 movies that featured royal palaces and hotels. Have a look:
1. Movie-Bhool Bhulaiya, Palace-Chomu Palace :
The haunted house in the movie, Bhool Bhulaiya is the grand Chomu Palace. This palace is 300 years old and is a very perfect place for royal wedding. This palace was also featured in the movie, Bol Bachchan.
2. Movie-Veer Zara, Palace-Pataudi Palace :
Pataudi Palace is also known as Ibrahim Kothi. This villa is owned by Saif Ali Khan that has now been turned into a heritage hotel. This palace was featured in the movie, Veer Zara, the house of Zara.
3. Movie-3 Idiots, Palace-Chail Palace, Himachal Pradesh :
Chail Palace is actually a royal cottage that stands amidst the Himalayas. This palace was featured in the movie, 3 Idiots, the house where the real character of Ranchod Das played by Javed Jaffery, lived.
4. Movie : Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani, Palace: The Oberois Udaivilas :
We all loved the palace featured in the movie, Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani, where the wedding of Kalki Koechlin’s big fat wedding took place. The palace is The Oberois Udaivilas, a grand villa in the city of lakes.
5. Movie:Band Baaja Baraat, Palace: Lallgarh Palace, Bikaner :
The beautiful Palace that was featured in the movie, Band Baaja Baraat, the palace where Bittoo and Shruti performed a wedding was actually shot in this beautiful palace that is situated in Bikaner.
6. Movie : Bodyguard, Palace : Baradari Palace , Patiala :
This palace was the home of Kareena Kapoor in the movie. This palace is actually a 19th century palace. It is located in Patiala. Now it is revamped by Neemrana Group of Hotels. This palace was also featured in the movies like Mausam and Yamla Pagla Deewana have also been shot here.
7. Movie : Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Palace : Vijay Vilas Palace, Kutch :
The gorgeous palace where Salman Khan came to learn music, is a grand palace in Kutch which is now a heritage hotel. This hotel is a private beach as well.
8. Movie- Khoobsurat, Palace- The Laxmi Niwas Palace :
This royal palace was featured in the movie, Khoobsurat. This sandstone masterpiece is one of the most prestigious palaces of Rajasthan.
9. Movie-Jab We Met, Palace- Hotel Naggar Castle, Himachal Pradesh:
The popular song ‘Ye ishq hai, baithe bithae” was shot here in this beautiful castle, which is located in Himachal Pradesh.
10. Movie-Zubeidda, Palace: Hotel Narain Palace, Jaipur :
This Palace that was owned by Manoj Bajpaiyee in the movie, Zubeida is a beautiful palace in Jaipur. Paheli movie was also shot here in this palace.
Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.