Bollywood is filled with one of the most finest actors and actresses. It is here that people learn the correct art of living and talking. In this industry, actors learn the way to idealise perfection in order to maintain an image that everyone loves. However, they are humans as well and at times can even make statements in the slip of the moment which remains iconic in history. Many actors out of the rush, excitement or inescapable questions often pass comments or make remarks that become the epitome of boldness or unexpected reflections. On such occasions, the sugar coated image formed by the particular actors fall back into dormancy.
Here are a few actors and their unexpected and bold replies that often brought them under scrutiny of the public.
1. Ranbir Kapoor for his “I grew up watching B-grade porn movies.”
This bold statement put forward by Ranbir Kapoor in a funny way cost him heavy as the actor was judged and criticised by many. He belongs from the well to do and legendary ‘Kapoor’ family which has contributed a lot to Bollywood cinema. Coming from such an iconic background, Ranbir’s bold statment was a shocker for everyone.
2. Vidya Balan for her “I paid bribe for my new house.”
This unexpected reply to one tricky question put forward by a journalist brought Vidya Balan under extreme critisism as she was found infringing the idea of law and order openly in front of the media.
3. Salman Khan for his “I am a virgin, I will save myself for the one I get hitched to.”
Salman Khan, as many believe, is known for his various unsteady and non legitimate relationships. In reference to this, the above mentioned statement came out as an open lie, full of sarcasm which became a topic of several discussion in the public.
4. Deepika Padukone for her “I’d like to gift a pack of condoms to Ranbir (Kapoor) because he uses them too much.”
This bold and strong statment that goes against the renowned actor has brought Deepika Padukone under heavy scrutiny as she is found to be attacking her ex with sarcasm, while bringing into light something which is very personal.
5. Sidharth Malhotra for his “Kissing Alia was boring. Deepika Padukone. Hopefully, people will enjoy that. And me too.”
Although the rising young star made the whole statment in a comical manner, yet he had to face criticism for objectifying women based on their looks and degree of attraction that they posses.
6. Rani Mukherjee for her “I am happy my husband is not like Karan Johar.”
A very personal and bold statement made by the veteran actor, put light into her degrading relations with Karan Johar towards the end of her career. This reply brought in several discussions and debates among the fans of both the celebrities thus creating a huge fuss.
7. Neha Dhupia for her “Only Shah Rukh Khan and sex sell in Bollywood.”
Neha Dhupia’s extremely unexpected statement made her undergo various trolls and questions as she presented an ungrateful and dark picture of the whole industry. Through this statement, she insulted not only the other actors and actresses, but also sexualised the whole bollywood industry.
8. Sunny Leone for her “Many A- Listers Refuse To Share Screen Space With Me, Many Wives Don’t Want Their Husbands To Work With Me. I Just Want To Tell Them – Woman, I Don’t Want Your Husband Because I Have My Own. I Have Had One Night Stands, Who Hasn’t?”
This meaningful and legitimate question raised by Sunny Leone was accepted positively by many and she was supported on a large for opening up on a sensible issue. Sunny too is a human and needs to be respected, irrespective of her former job culture is what she defined through her strong and positive statement.