As we all know, one of the biggest jewellery brands in India, Tanishq, has had to face a huge backlash in accordance to one of their recent advertisements that showed a Muslim family celebrating the baby shower of their daughter-in-law who belongs from a South Indian family in a very traditional way. The ad is a part of the “Ekatvam” campaign undertaken by the jewellery brand, who are looking forward to having an elaborate plan for the upcoming festive amidst the COVID-19 crisis that is prevalent all over the globe at the moment.
The interfaith harmony ad did not go down well with the followers of “Hindutva” and they have strongly protested against the showing of the ad on national television. On the other hand, a number of people have loved the concept shown in the ad and have stood by the jewellery brand in their effort to promote unity in diversity, one of them being Shashi Tharoor.
So Hindutva bigots have called for a boycott of @TanishqJewelry for highlighting Hindu-Muslim unity through this beautiful ad. If Hindu-Muslim “ekatvam” irks them so much, why don’t they boycott the longest surviving symbol of Hindu-Muslim unity in the world — India? pic.twitter.com/cV0LpWzjda
— Shashi Tharoor (@ShashiTharoor) October 13, 2020
It is not the first time that an interfaith harmony ad has created ripples throughout the nation and we will have a look at some of them in the following lines.
- Close Up’s 2018 interfaith ad showed the love between two couples and promoted the concept of coming together despite religious differences. It had to be taken down due to the same problem.
2. The Surf Excel Holi ad in 2019 had to face similar problems but wasn’t taken down by the company.
3. Brooke Bond Red Level ad form 2019 reflects upon the issue of bonding and settling differences between a Muslim idol maker and a Hindu buyer.
4. This KBC launch ad showcased how a Muslim family helps a Hindu guy in answering one of the questions during the rounds.
Latest posts by Debalina Chakraborty (see all)
- Yuvraj Trolls His Ex Girlfriend Kim Sharma On Bikini Photo, Gets Savage Reply - October 25, 2020
- Nitish Rana’s Wife Reacted After He Dedicates His 50 To His Father In Law - October 25, 2020
- These Mirzapur 2 Memes Are Taking Twitter By Storm - October 23, 2020