In India, it is a dream of millions hearts to crack the IAS examinations and be a designated IAS officer. This is perhaps one of the most well paid, prestigious and honorable position to hold and work for. In this article, we bring some interesting facts about an IAS officer, which include their salary, the benefits they enjoy and their power.
1. The beginning salary of any officer is around 50,000 and can rise upto 1,50,000.
2. On the selection grade, the super-time and above-super-time salary can range from 1,00,000 to 2,00,000.
3. The salary for apex and cabinet secretary grade is always around 2,50,000.
4. Enjoys high subsidiary in basic amenities like electricity, gas, water and phone connections.
5. Rent free luxurious and spacious bunglow.
6. The security of 3 home guards and 2 body guards in general.
7. Luxurious cars based on rank, the highest being the Toyota Fortuner or Innova.
8. IAS officials enjoy lifetime pension, annuity and other retirement benefits.
9. Subsidised accommodation in government guest houses/State Bhawans during trips.