One of the most versatile and talented actor of Bollywood, Manoj Bajpai has made a big name in the industry today. He is widely known for his extraordinary performance and ability to bring in realism through his acting. Being a method artist, he has the ideal view to act, perform and bring the best out of scene. Celebrating his unconventional presence in the industry, we bring to you a list of 21 lesser known facts about the star.
1. Manoj Bajpai was born in a small village called Belwa in Bihar on 23rd April 1969.
2. Manoj’s father, Radhakant Bajpai was a farmer and his mother was a housewife.
3. The actor was named after the icon, Manoj Kumar.
4. Manoj had an ordinary education in a hut until class 4 due to financial issues.
5. During vacations, he used to return home and help his father in the fields.
6. He completed schooling for Bettiah and later moved to Delhi at the age of 17, to pursue a career in acting.
7. He travelled to Delhi without a reservation, although being unaware of the fact that it was illegal.
8. While studying in Delhi, his father used to send him 200/- a month and he had to survive with it.
9. He first heard about NSD from Naseeruddin Shah and since then had the dream to join it.
10. His application to NSD was rejected 4 times which made him vulnerable towards suicide.
11. He was overtly active for dramatics in Ramjas and Hindu College to work out his English and Hindi diction.
12. During his college, he used to study only one month prior the examinations.
13. Manoj Bajpayee has learnt the semi classical dance Chau for 4 years.
14. On his 4th attempt at NSD, he was offered a position to teach the art.
15. Manoj considers Barry John to be his teacher and guide for everything.
16. Manoj married a girl from Delhi but seperated soon during his struggle. Later, in 2006, he remarried film actress Shabana of Kareeb fame.
17. Did miniscule roles during his struggling days in films like Daud, Tammana, Dastak etc.
18. His film Satya was the big breakthrough in his career, presented by Ram Gopal Varma.
19. Post Satya , Manoj Bajpayee was widely appreciated for him roles in the movies Aks, Kaun, Zubeidaa, LOC Kargil, Veer Zara, Rajneeti , Gangs of Wasseypur, Sarkar 3 and Satyagrah.
20. Manoj Bajpai has complex with his looks and never looks at the mirror while getting his makeup.
21. Won several awards, some of the biggest one being the National Film Award for the Best Supporting actor and Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor for his performance in movie Satya, Filmfare Critics Award for Best Performance for the movie Shool in 1999 and National Film Award – Special Jury Award/ Special mention for Pinjar.
Leave a Reply