Who would have thought that making transactions will be so much easier? I mean you can send/receive money from anywhere, anytime just with a click of a few buttons. Well, Kudos to this app Paytm, for bringing in the revolutionary change in the mode of transaction.
Here, in this article we bring you some lesser known facts about Paytm, one of the most used Indian application.Have a look :
- Paytm’s full name is Pay Through Mobile and it was founded by Vijay Shekhar Sharma in the year 2010 in Noida.
2. Paytm, one of the most used Indian application belongs One97 Communication and now it has more than 150 million users. It is the largest online payment system.
3. The founder of the app, Vijay Shekhar Sharma got the inspiration of making this app, after he visited China and saw vendors using phones for transaction. This is when he first thought of making Paytm which was the first app to provide wallet facility.
4. In the year 2015, the owner of Alibaba Group, Jack Ma bought almost $500 million stake in Paytm.
5. Paytm is one of those few privileged companies who received investment from the legend Ratan Tata himself.
6. Paytm received the award for the “Most Innovative Startup Of The Year” in the year 2012.
7. In the year 2014, Paytm received the award for Apple’s Best App from Apple India.
8. The most successful online payment app, Paytm also earns through the subscriptions charges which it charges from the sellers and also through sale of ads on the site.
9. Vijay Shekhar Sharma has also received the award for the Most Innovative CEO.
10. You will be amazed to know that Paytm receives around 10 million orders per month. On daily basis around 5 million transactions takes place on Paytm.
11. Demonetization really made Paytm become one of the strongest application. Paytm gained more than 20 million users after the demonetization.
What do you have to say about this? Share them with us in the comments below.