Mr. Rahul Gandhi is the president of Indian National Congress. In the last couple of years or so, he has done a lot of travelling in India and tried to connect with the people. While BJP and its supporters believe that he can never challenged Mr. Narendra Modi at the centre, there is a section of media which has started to believe that Mr. Gandhi is slowly making inroads and BJP should be cautious of it.
In all fairness, Mr. Gandhi has gotten better than before in the last couple of years. His speeches have become better (than before) and he has also added wit and sarcasm to his speeches.
However, in this post, we look at 10 funniest statements by him. Read and let us know which one is your favourite.
NOTE: We don’t intend to insult or demean anybody with this post. We are FunniestIndian.com and we do things just to give a moment of good laughter.
1. Mr. Rahul Gandhi tried explaining politics and this is what he came up with.
“Politics is in your shirt, in your pant.”
2. When Mr. Gandhi tried to explain the importance of Gujarat in Indian politics.
“Gujarat is bigger than the United Kingdom. In fact, India is you know, bigger than Europe and the United States put together.”
3. His views on black money.
“All cash is not black and all black money is not in cash”
4. When he tried explaining the disparities of income:
“Gareebon se paisa kheecho, Ameeron ko seecho”
5. Guess who is he talking about?
“First time in the history of the world one man has caused problems for 1.3 billion people”
6. Amidst all the scams and corruption. It is not funny but we found it funny.
“Congress party wants to wipe off corruption from India”
7. When he confused poverty with self-confidence
“Poverty is just a state of mind. It does not mean the scarcity of food, money or material things. If one possesses self-confidence, then one can overcome poverty.”
8. When Rahul Gandhi gave the worst possible criticism of demonetisation.
“Modi is spreading hatred and demonetization is an example of that.”
9. Mr. Gandhi wanted to win farmers’ trust, this is what he came up with.
“Modi ji had made fun of the farmers at the Parliament by saying they dig pits”
10. When he tried talking about FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE:
“For the first time, India’s financial independence has been attacked.”