Salman Khan became the Sultan of Bollywood in paying the highest advance tax, right after beating Akshay Kumar and Hrithik Roshan, in the financial year 2016-17.
However, this was not the actual surprise. The real surprise was income tax of the standup comedian, Kapil Sharma. The very popular comedian Kapil’s income rose by almost 206 percent in just one year time.
Through an exclusive research by Indiatoday.in, top 10 advance taxpayer celebrities were listed. This research and data were only up to March 2017 i.e., the financial year 2016-17. It’s very clear from the data that Salman Khan tops the list.
Advance taxes refers to the payment of a portion of the taxes before the financial year ends. Ideally, the advance tax payable by an individual is nearly about 33 percent of his/her total annual income.
- Salman Khan paid the highest advance tax of Rs. 44.5 crores for the financial year 2016-17. His annual salary growth from the previous financial year is nearly 39 percent.
2. Akshay Kumar, next in the list, paid an advance tax of Rs. 29.5 crores. Though he gave many superhits in 2016-17, he saw a decreased tax payment of Rs. 30 crores from the year before.
3. The third position goes to Hrithik Roshan with an advance tax payment of Rs. 25.5 crores. Compared to the last financial year’s income tax of Rs. 14 crores, he saw a 74 percent rise in the annual income.
4. Surprisingly enough, Kapil Sharma paid an advance tax of Rs. 23.9 crores with a rise of 206 percent when compared to last year’s Rs. 7 crores.
IT officials absolutely got surprised with the huge boost in annual income. This shows Kapil’s growth over the financial year 2016-17 through the Sony’s comedy show “The Kapil Sharma Show”.
5. Coming next, Ranbir Kapoor. Even though his movie “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil” was a hit in the theatres, he saw a downfall over the year. In the year 2016-17, his advance tax payment was Rs. 16.5 crores compared to Rs.22.3 crores from the previous year.
6. When perfection in the payment of tax is considered, we cannot forget Aamir Khan. Aamir saw a rise of 54 percent in his annual income with the 2016-17 tax of Rs. 14.8 crores compared to the 2015-16 tax of Rs. 9.6 crores.
The only director to make the list of top advance tax payers, Karan Johar, paid a tax of Rs. 11.6 crores, 473 percent increase from previous year.
Deepika’s taxation for the year 2016-17 was Rs. 10.25 crores compared to Rs. 9 crores in the previous one.
Alia Bhatt improved her income by 46 percent. She paid an advance tax of Rs. 4.33 crores.
After becoming a mother, Kareena’s film production, as well as annual growth, saw a drop. Her income dropped by 44 percent with the tax payment of Rs. 3.9 crores only.