Apart from phenomenal and not so phenomenal movies, Bollywood actors also participate in certain interviews which at times are plain fun to watch and it produces a remarkable conversation between both the parties. However, at times things get extremely ugly and either the interviewer or the one who is being interviewed ends up making situations mortifying or uncomfortable for both.
It can happen due to various reasons like the listlessness of the interviewer, the stupidity of the question asked, the awkwardness spawned by the question and even the response coming out from the one in the hot seat.
We will take a look at 7 interviews which were supposed to be great ones but ended up either on a note of controversy or indifference that left the viewers mulling over.
1. Ananya Pandey made a hash of affairs trying to speak on nepotism
She was in an effusive mode while talking to her co-actors, especially on nepotism. However, things went south when her comments seemed absolutely haywire and to make matters worse for her, the Gully Boy actor, Siddharth Chaturvedi lampooned her with an instinctive flash of sarcasm in one single statement.
2. When Navika Kumar’s timing of asking a kiss was all over the place
Latest on primetime: Taimur is on potty, can't give flying kiss to Times Now viewers. pic.twitter.com/mM6Kaj6JX5
— Manisha Pande (@MnshaP) March 27, 2020
Times Now anchor, Navika Kumar wanted to make her episode a cauldron of cuteness asking Saif Ali Khan that whether Taimur can give a flying kiss to the viewers.
Saif responded, “Taimur is doing potty”. Imagine the cringe on everyone’s face.
3. Sonakshi Sinha was clueless about the age gap in Bollywood
When Sonakshi Sinha was asked that why does Bollywood cast older male actors alongside young female actors and not the vice versa, all Sonakshi could manage was a bland expression.
4. Kangana Ranaut doesn’t hold back to her words, no matter whosoever she is talking to
Karan Ranaut openly tagged Karan Johar as the ‘Flag-bearer of nepotism’ and also called out the famous producer for making fun of Kangana’s English.
5. When the anchor asked questions to Sunny Leone which were downright offensive
News 18 anchor asked Sunny Leone that what would she like to say to those ladies who believe that she would be taking away their husbands. The actress kept her calm and responded in a very dignified manner. However, the discomfort was clearly palpable.
6. When Chelsea Handler failed to be at her best with Shilpa Shetty
A condescending tone in the voice of foreign actors against Indians have been prevalent over a long period of time. Chelsea Handler crossed her line while she was interviewing Shilpa Shetty as she was downright rude and made the confab extremely awkward.
7. The anchor probably hasn’t been a part of good interviews
While trying to interview the cast of Golmaal Again, Bharti Dubey ended up being a sheer mess as she was clearly articulating disinterest.
Latest posts by Rohit Ganguly (see all)
- 5 Players Who Succeeded Majorly Because Of MS Dhoni’s Backing - July 7, 2020
- 5 Celebrities Who Once Thought Of Taking Their Own Lives - July 7, 2020
- Funny Movie Names For The Biopics Of Popular Bollywood Celebrities - July 6, 2020